Key Containers Questions
Below are a list of some questions that we are most often asked and put them down here to hopefully help you in your search for you rental/hire or purchase of a used converted container from Key Containers.
- Can you supply an ISO Container?
Unfortunately we do not handle ISO containers.
- Can we collect our rental/hire or purchased container?
Rental or hire containers must be delivered by our own transport as we fit a GPS tracking device to our containers.
If you purchase a container you are free to collect it should you wish to do so.
- Can we visit your depot to view and pick our containers?
You are free to view our available used containers for hire/rental or sale at our yard during office hours.
- Can you offload from rear of vehicle?
We are able to offload six metre containers at the rear or at the side of the truck.
Twelve metre containers we need to position the horse at right angles to the cab to offload on either side.
- How large will the vehicle delivering my container be?
Six metre containers are transported on a flat bed rigid truck.
Twelve metre containers are transported on a 12 metre trailer with a cab.
Both vehicles have their own certified lifting cranes.
- Can condensation be a problem with steel containers?
Its a little unusual to have a problem with condensation inside containers so your stored goods should be safe.
- Can you lift over obstructions?
We are able to offload containers over walls and fencing depending on accessibility. Whilst we exercise care we cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to your property.
- Will one of your storage containers be large enough to take my goods?
The cubic capacity of a 6 metre shipping container is 14 cubic metres and 28 for a 12 metre container.
- What are the dimensions of a Container?
Shipping containers we can supply for hire or rental are either 6 metres or 12 metres in length, and all containers are 2,400 metres wide.
- Can containers we hire or purchase from you be moved while still full?
Unfortunately not as the crane on our Trucks are only rated to lift weights associated with an empty container
- Can we buy a container we have rented or hired from you?
Of course, contact us for more details on how to purchase your rented converted container. Your price will be calculated from the time of your purchase request and unfortunately we cannot offer reductions on rental already paid.
- Can you fit high security doors and windows to a converted container?
Yes, please contact us for more detailed specifications if you require burglar bars or extra security doors fitted to your container.
- Can I have my choice of colour?
Of course, contact us for any of your specific requirements. All our rental or hire containers are shipped in light grey colour.
- How much space should I allow for the container?
Our containers are transported by our trucks own crane, parallel to the side of the lorry. To accommodate the width of the truck and the container a space of approximately 15m wide will be needed.
- How much will I have to pay for a container?
- Can you stack containers on top of each other?
Yes they can and we will advise you on how to do this. Generally all containers can be stacked five high though.
- Where should I place the converted container?
The container should be placed on a secure flat surface, ideally concreted.
The container holds its weight on its 4 corners and these can be secured or strengthened using railway sleeps or some such heavy duty weight absorbing feature.
- What is the difference between a new or a used Container?
New containers can be hard to come by in South Africa as these almost always have to be imported from overseas. But thats not to say we can’t source one for you if required, but please allow extra time for us to acquire one and then convert it to your needs.
All our containers are used and refurbished to a high standard almost as much ‘as new’ as we can achieve by removing all the dents, rust proofing and give it a fresh coat of paint. You can usually hardly tell the difference.
- What is your minimum lease period?
All container rentals or hires are only subject to a minimum one month period. After this you are free to contact us for collection at any point.